PREPARING FOR TOMORROW: ISRAEL CONNECTION
Prophetic Clue #1 “You can/must become an Israelite.”
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and sea: “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the savants of our God.” Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.”
Revelation 7:1-4 (NIV)
Revelation 14:1-4 (NIV)
· Prophesy says, that at the END, God is going to give His special protection to His people.
· HE is going to send Angels to prevent any wind or calamities to be blowing ON them, He is going to’ seal’ them (INSURE/guarantee that they will be saved!) every imaginable harm is BANNED and BARRED!
· And they are from the every tribe of Israel!
· Special people. Special protection. Nothing to worry.
· excitement vanishes when the last line is read, 144,000 from all tribes of Israel…
IMPORTANCE OF ISRAEL:
· tiny nation with a population of less than 6 million become the geopolitical center of the world
· country smaller than New Jersey mentioned in the nightly news more than any other nation except may be the United States
“Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” Genesis 12:1-3
1. First, God promised to bless Abraham.
That promise has been lavishly kept. For thousands of years, the very name of Abraham has been revered by Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike.
# Mark Twain
“Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of a star dust in the blaze of a Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of; but he is heard of. HE is as prominent on this planet as any other people. His commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contribution to the world’s list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also together out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvelous fight in the world in all ages and he has done it with his hands tied behind him.”
· From 1901 to 2007, a total of 777 Nobel Prizes have been given to individuals in recognition of significant contributions to mankind.
· Of that total, 176 have been awarded to Jews.
· Of the 6 billion inhabitants of the world, only slightly more than 13 million are Jewish—less than two-thirds of 1 percent of the total population.
· Jews got 22,6 percent of all the Nobel Prizes awarded up to 2007.
2. Second, God promised to make out of Abraham a great nation.
5.4 mln. Jews in Israel. 5 mln. Live in US. 5 mln in the rest of the world
3. Third, God promised to make Abraham a blessing to many.
· Without the Jews, we would have no Bible.
· Without the Jews, there would have been no Jesus.
· Without the Jewish Jesus, there would be no Christianity.
· Without the Jews, there would be no Ten Commandments, the Law
4. Fourth, God promised to bless Israel’s friends (those who blessed Israel).
America has been blessed for becoming a homeland for Jewish people.
judgments of God have fallen heavily upon Israel’s oppressors—Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Rome, and in modern times, Spain, Germany, Russia.
Build Up of the Prophetic Understanding of Israel:
Choosing the Israel
WHY WOULD GOD CHOSE JEWS?
Deuteronomy 7:6 “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be His people, His treasured possession.”
· more numerous
· was more sensitive to God
· more righteous (Deuteronomy 9:7-6)
Scattering of Israel
“And the Lord will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be left few in numbers among the nations where the Lord will drive you.” Deuteronomy 4:27
Suffering of Israel
“And among the nations you shall find no rest, nor shall the sole you your foot have a resting place; but there the Lord will give you a trembling heart, failing eyes, and anguish of soul.” Deuteronomy 28:65
· In 1933, 9 million Jews lived in 21 European countries. By 1945, two out of three European Jews had been murdered.
· The Holocaust brought about the extermination of 1/3 of the Jewish population at the time. Seeking more efficient and organized methods of killing huge numbers of Jewish civilians, extermination centers were established in Poland.
· Of the 6 million Jews murdered during the Second World War, more than half were exterminated in the Nazi death camps such as Treblinka, Auschwitz, and Dachau.
The Gathering of Israel
“For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land… Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you… I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances… you will be My people, and I will be your God.” Ezekiel 36:24-28
THe Salvation of Israel
“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you… I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances… you will be My people, and I will be your God.” Ezekiel 36:24-28
“Your name shall no longer called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.” Genesis 32:28
“COME! And let him who hears, say, “COME!” whoever is thirsty let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.” Revelation 22;17 (NIV)
“Then I looked, and before me was the Lamb, standing on the Mount Zion, and with Him 1444,000 who had His name and His Father’s name written on their foreheads. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever He goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as first fruits to God and the Lamb. No lie was found in their mouths, they are blameless.” Revelation 14:1-5